Thursday, January 17, 2008

A New Calling...

So at tithing settlement the bishop asked what they had me doing and I said I was on the enrichment committee. I loved it I would get stressed out once every 4 month and then have time to relax. Well not anymore...Last saturday I was called into the primary yes the primary... by myself...no Ammon...I have never done primary... and as you can tell I am a little nervous. So I was called on Saturday and I thought I would have one more week to enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society. But I thought wrong they needed a sub so they asked me if I could start right away. Luckly church doesn't start until 11am so I had a little time to prepare. I am starting to really warming up to the idea and I am excited for this new opportunity...this will be good for me... I am teaching the CTR 5 class and my first week they were all so cute, they warmed right up to me and I learned alot on how to prepare for my next lesson. This will definitly be a different pace for me going from teaching teenages all day 5 days a week to teaching 4-5 year old on Sunday. I am already thinking of fun things to add to my project list.

8 comments:

Alison said...

Liz, I am so excited. I think that you are going to be Kyle's new teacher. We weren't there last Sunday so I didn't know who his teacher was going to be. They didn't have a teacher the first sunday. I think thay you will do a great job. I hope kyle will be good for you. If you have any questions let me know. We taught the CTR 6 class gor 1 1/2 years. Good luck.

Nat said...

Hey there Liz and Ammon, just thought I would drop by and say hi, I was excited to see your blog, it will be nice to keep up with you guys. Even though we all live in spanish fork. Good luck with your primary class, I think you will do good. I am in the primary presidency for a couple more weeks until we move,and I have enjoyed it. Have a great weekend.

Brenda said...

I love teaching primary! I am so jealous! I really am. At first when I started it was kind of scary and I didn't know if I would like it, but then you really get to know those cute kids and learn to love them. I think you will like it...(:

Katie said...

Hi Liz...this is Katie Coon! How are you doing? I came across a comment that you had left on KaCee Sibley's blog. It sounds like you are really doing great and that life is just really exciting for you. I just wanted to drop in and say hi! Good luck with your new calling :)

Alison said...

I just have to tell you that Kyle told me that he had lots of fun in his class and that he liked his teacher. He also said that he cried a little and got to sit on his teachers lap. I hope next week will be better. He loved showing me the cut out people you did. His were boys and the other kids did girls. Way to go, you survived Kyle.

Jason and Joy said...

Hi Liz! I hope that all is going well with the new calling. I think that you are such a great teacher and I bet the kids just LOVE you!
By the way I still need to get together with you to do the advent calander, hopefully I will be back on my feet in the next few weeks! Hope to see you soon!

KaCee said...

I am very excited to find your blog. Its nice to see what everyone has been up to. We don't live very far from each other so we should get together again soon!

Emily said...

Congratulations on the calling! Those kids are so much fun--a handful sometimes, but really funny!