Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Donation to Draper City...

Well, I thought I better write about this so we can remember this little incident in 5 years. Ammon was on his way to Angie and Gary's to install a fireplace. He had placed a pretty heavy box in the back of the Frontier thinking there is no way it would blow out. He had reached the point of the mountain and all of the sudden a gust of wind came and blew the box right out of the truck. So Ammon drove to the next exit to turn around to go back and try to get the box. (the box contain about $200.00 is fireplace supplies, so he couldn't just leave it or we would be out $200.00 bucks). Luckly the box landed in the shoulder of the carpool lane and not in the middle of the highway. Ammon had realized that he couldn't pull of in the carpool lane because he was alone and he also had a trailer. (Although it is a serious problem in Utah)! So he decided to call the Highway Patrol. Well, the police office arrived went over picked up the box and pulled right behind Ammon walked over and asked Ammon for his License and Registration. Ammon was just in awe...and said are you serious? The police officer reponded "you could have caused an serious accedient." Ammon reponded "I realize that I was just trying to do the right thing." Well, the police officer didn't want to hear about and slapped Ammon with a ticket for failing to strape things down. We called on the ticket a couple weeks ago and I just mailed in a $75.00 check to Draper City.

7 comments:

NickandAnnette said...

Well imagine who you run into in the virtual world!!! You guys are awesome! The ticket story is so funny I loved it!! We will be checking back soon and to also finish reading your stories. We only had time for the 1. Ho are you doin Liz? Net says hello check out our blog an nickandannetteivins@blogspot.com oh and I loved the havasupi pics! and Ammon TIE YOUR CRAP DOWN!!!!

NickandAnnette said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you.... You failed to mention when Ammon almost killed my wife and I on the way to havasupi....(diabetic reaction..lol!!!)ya thought i'd throw that in there.

Brenda said...

You forgot to tell the whole story about then driving to the Idaho border and finding the freeway closed, so having to drive all the way back with the huge fireplace and nowhere to put it and a huge ticket on top of that! (:

Alison said...

That sounds like it was a big mess. At least he called the police instead of trying to get it himself. I hope that he was able to get the fireplace put in.

Nat said...

Man, sometimes I just wonder about those police officers!! Next time he should just chance not getting caught going in the carpool lane! jk That does stink though!! Bad day for the cop I guess.

Wilde Family said...

WHOA!!!! What a jerk! Tyson just told me how one of his interns at work had pulled over on the side of the road recently to clean more ice off of his windshield (it was getting hard for him to see) and a policeman gave him a ticket for driving with ice on his windshield. Can you believe these jerks!? When we're trying to do the best we can, they just want to slap these tickets on us. We're sorry to hear about the huge ticket!! Tyson says next time just to call him. :o)

Wade said...

Hey, Ammon, I thought you knew better than that. I mean you did go to Tooele High. Top rate education should include tieing your junk down!

Oh, and I just got a parking ticket for totally blocking a fire hydrant...I know, Tooele High again. Anyway, the curb wasn't marked, I was in hurry to catch a bus and the hydrant was set back about 10 feet from the curb, so it was hard to notice.