Sunday, June 22, 2008

This is Ammon, not Lizzy!


Dont worry. She will be back. I am not a convert blogger. This is her thing. However, I do want to remember some of the things we are doing from my own point of view.. Not that Lizzy does a bad job..
A couple of weeks ago we had a lesson in sunday school about personal history. I have never kept a journal, not even on my mission. So I suppose Lizzys efforts to keep this thing going aren't so bad. Or maybe its justification??
Well, we did make it to the Grandaddy Lakes this weekend. Just the two of us as usual. It was so fun for me. This was one of the very first backpacking trips I ever went on. It brings back memories every time I go up there. Me and my Dad and my brother went up there a long time ago. We had quite the experience. We were the only ones on the mountain because it was in May. We left the van keys at the lake so we had to hike down the road and camp while my Dad ran down the next morning to the nearest camp for help. Back then it seemed like torture, but today I love those experiences. I hope I get the chance to have ones like those with my kids someday. But for now its the two of us.
We left after work on friday and got there about 6pm.. well, as far as we could drive. Because of all the snow we got this year the road was still blocked about a half mile from the trailhead.
We were one of three trucks parked there.. Probably the first packers of the season, which is good cause no crowds. We took off and moved pretty quick. Its only 5 miles in but there was so many swamps and snow patches it took us a while to find a spot by the lake.
But we finally did find a spot that was just dry enough for our little tent to fit in. We were soaked so we set up camp, ate, did a little reading and hit the pads. It was beautifull the next day. Except for Lizzys hair!!
We passed groups hiking out and in.. The group hiking out was the same that blazed the trail for us in the snow. They had been in there for a few days, they were from Colorado and were visiting there daughter who was in college here in utah. Its fun to meet people on the trail like that.

Things are going good for Lizzy and I. We Like Spanish Fork, have good little jobs, have great friends and family, and we are staying plenty busy with callings and everything else.. Life is good.
And I like western family string cheese, its probably the best string cheese out there.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey Ammy! I loved your post! Especially the great picture you got of Lizzy's hair. (:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Glad you finally found it!

Haylee said...

Wow looks like you guys had a fun time! I love the picture of liz's hair!

Wilde Family said...

ha ha ha. Liz, I love that you let him post that picture of your hair! It's great! It looks beautiful up there. (By the way, I love that Ammon calls you Lizzy. It's cute.)

NickandAnnette said...

And may I agree... Western family string cheese is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey guys!

Jason and Joy said...

Hey Ammon, what a great blogger you are! Granddaddy lake looks awesome!

Kristen said...

That sounds like so much fun, being able to take off and camp somewhere. I wish I camped more, or liked it more :). I'll blame it on my parents who never took me :).

Stina said...

You guys make me want to go backpacking! Looks like lots of fun!

Erin said...

I have never seen Lizzy when she didn't look perfect! I laughed so hard and so did Canyon. I was laughing so hard I was crying. So funny!...and no, I haven't posted yet but I will soon!

Teresa said...

Ammon, that was so fun to read something from you! You should both do it from now on. We loved the photos, especially Lizzy, who was in fine form!