Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ashby Update!

So a month has come and gone and I have not updated once! I have not been a faithful blogger but I am determined to be better! It is pretty much the same old story in the lives of the Ashby's...Here are just a few updates on what we have been up to...

Work: Well, things are pretty much the same...Ammon is still busy and I am still busy with work and I really do enjoy my job. My classes have been so good this year...just a really good group of kids. Due to the economic problems the school has had some major budget cuts! So far the only thing affected has been money we can spend on our programs... so it hasn't affected the employees and another thing is we don't get our campus supply of hot chocolate for the winter ;(

School: Ammon is currently working on a 50 page book for his advanced english class and I am finally starting to study for the National Coding exam....all my sewing projects are almost complete (give me one more weekend and they well be all finished up...) so I will not have any temptations...doesn't that sound fun!

Violin: We are still going strong with the violin...thank goodness for Ammon he keeps me going with violin...if it wasn't for him I would have quite months ago! We are starting in on christmas music and we have switch on lessons from Thursday to Saturday morning and that make a world of difference with us organizing our time better on Saturdays.

And Finally....THE BABY!!! Everything is still looking really good...We go in for the ultrasound next Thursday and we are SO excited! I feel really good during the day and seem to have alot more energy which I LOVE! Morning are still pretty rough with the throwing up thing but all in all I feel really good! I have been a little worried just cause I have been getting migraines so I just really watch that I am drinking plenty of water and eating when I am suppose to!

One last thing Concerts: Trans-Siberian is only 14 days away...we are so excited! This year we are going all out...I order t-shirts...I think they are pretty sweet! We will definitely be taking picture...please stay tune! Neal Diamond is also coming to town...Ammon LOVES Neal Diamond and 3 years ago when he was in Salt Lake we were actually in Disneyland so we thought we don't want to miss out again!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Same old same old...yeah RIGHT! You have tons of fun stuff going on!!! This whole post was full of fun news. We are SO SO SO excited for you for next thursday. I know you have to call family and stuff first, but hopefully we'll hear from you that day. :P
And the concerts...that sounds like so much fun. I am still very sad we won't be going to trans-siberian with you. But we'll have next year, right?! And you'll have to tell us all about it. I can't wait to start listening to Christmas music..only 2 days away. :)

Have a great Halloween!!!

Alison said...

It sounds like it has been a very busy month for you. I am glad that you are feeling better with the baby. I can't wait to hear what you are having. Enjoy all of your upcoming concerts. Sounds like fun.

Brenda said...

Hey! It's so good to hear you are doing better. Although, still throwing up??? Yuck! Hopefully it passes soon! I'm glad you have more energy too. It helps so much to get past that first trimester!
Okay, I am going to wait for your call on Thursday! I can't wait!!!

I'm so jealous about the concerts you get to go to!! Next time maybe we will fly out and go with you. (:

Emily said...

It's great to hear an update! I'm sorry about the winter hot chocolate. I think that is a real shame:( I hadn't herd that Neal Diamond was coming to town. I love him, too! Maybe I could talk Nick into it.

I hope the headaches and sickness go away soon for you. What an exciting thing to have ultrasounds! I'll bet it's neat to see and hear the baby :)

Hey, my mom is supposed to call you about something, but I don't think she has yet. If she doesn't call you by Wednesday, would you call her? If you need her number you can call or email me!

Jason and Joy said...

OOooh so excited to hear what you are having! You too are going to be the BEST parents. We are so excited for the Trans-Siberian concert!

Wilde Family said...

All right, it's Thursday!!! I'm going to check your blog all day to hear what you're having!!! I'm so excited! You're halfway done with the pregnancy-- hooray!

Rodney said...

There are two types of people in this world: those who like Neal Diamond, and those who don't... My brother loves him. We love you guys. We'll see you Wednesday!!!