Monday, March 31, 2008

What a week...

So I thought I would write about all of our excitement we had last week. The fun started on Tuesday. We has ordered a dresser from Bassett back in September. When they delivered the dresser the movers were going up the stairs and had lost strength on the last turn of stairs and they banged up the side of the dresser pretty bad. As I was examing the dresser I noticed all the deep dents and asked said what could they do about the dents and they said they would have the repair guy come out and see what they could do asap. So, I signed the papers and off they went. Well, 2 months had gone by and no repair guy, so Ammon and I made multiple visits and called multiple times trying to get this worked out. Well, the repair guy finally made it out the first part of December said that it wasn't fixable and that they would replace it no charge and that it would be here in 6 weeks. I thought all was good no problem. Well, it has been 4 months and to my calculations it should have been her end of January first part of February. Well, those months came and were gone and no dresser. So once again we made multiple phone calls and made multiple visits to the store. I think it was getting to the point were they knew our voices and they probably cringed when they heard our voice. So anyways Tuesday was the day they delivered the famous dresser. And might just add even though it was the biggest hassle it really is a pretty dresser;) Ammon might beg to differ!

Wednesday was a quiet evening, Ammon had Young Mens and I just tried to catch up on some cleaning!

Thursday Ammon went off to another busy day at work and I headed to the dentist...dum..dum..dum..I was going in for my first crown ever...Lets just say after this experience I have learned to better appreciate my teeth. I know what you are thinking, don't you teach a dental course? And the answer is yes. But I can explain...I was enjoying a yummy watermelon jolly rancher (my favorite kind)on a beautiful morning and I bit down on the the jolly rancher and bang... I felt a weird sharp pain and at that moment I knew exactly what was going on. So off to the dentist i went, he then gave me the news that I needed a crown, the jolly rancher has cracked the tooth. So in my defense the crown was not due to excessive decay or me slacking off from taking care of my teeth, I still floss and brush twice a day(ok maybe I only floss once a day!) It was because I was probably had been a crazy and stressful day and as a result of that I bit down on the jolly rancher. But all-in-all the procedure went well and my recovering is going well ;) I had taken the day off of work, so I went home took an IBProfen and had a little nap. Later that night I went to meet the Ashby girls down in Salt Lake for an evening of shopping and dinner.

Friday was another day off of work for me...I had my follow-up appointment for my surgery. All is healing well and I checked out with a clean bill of health. My mom came into Salt Lake and met me for lunch and shopping at the Gateway. It was another fun filled day!


Saturday Ammon as was asked to help out with the Spring Home expo so he was off early helping with that and didn't return home till after 11pm so it was a long day for him...I was off to Salt Lake once again (I did try to coordinate days but nothing seemed to work out so yes I did make three trips to salt lake this week). Saturday afternoon I had a hair appointment. Ammon was looking at my hair one day and noticed I was getting some clusters of grey hair. Yes, I am 26 years old I have a cluster of grey hair and a crown...what's a girl to do;) I also made a quick trip up to REI, Ammon has been wanting a new sleeping pad for backpacking (the thermarest just aren't cutting it anymore). So we have been doing our research and we decided to try a new brand called EXPED so we will see how that turns out. Ammon has been pretty excited about it. The only problem is it weighs almost 3lbs so because of that we are still in the deciding phase. We will keep you posted!;) After REI I met my mom once again and had lunch and we then headed over to the Young Womens Conference. Well, we were a little late and didn't get into the Conference Center, but we were able to get into the Tabernacle. I hadn't been in since the remodel. It was just beautiful! The Tabernacle is one of my favorite building I have great memories of my grandparents taking me there when I was young and I just love the amazing detail the building has. I was just amazed at how many young women there were trying to get into the Conference Center. It was amazing to see the dedication those girls have.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love your dresser! Sounds like your really getting old w/ that gray hair and crown! whew! Hope I don't ever get those!

Brenda said...

Oh man. What a pain with your dresser! Those kinds of things make me so mad because they promise big, but basically don't care unless you make a stink... argh! Glad you finally got it. It's beautiful!

I have two crowns! I had a root canal when I was only 20. Then, I had a cracked tooth about six months ago also, and had to get a crown. It is still bothering me though. They can't figure it out. I've had many x-rays on it and it's not rotted, but they think the crack must have gone pretty deep.

Sounds like you had a busy week! Can't wait to hang out with you soon!!