Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Back...

I do apologize about the delay in a new post...as with everyone’s lives things just get a little crazy at times. But here is a condensed version of what has been going on with our crazy life...

• We thought we were being so good and took care of our taxes early (Beginning of March). Well, the middle of May we still hadn’t seen anythings so I called the tax lady to see what the hold up was…well to make a long story short the tax lady forgot to submit our taxes. I know, I know I should have kept better tabs on things but life was crazy and I wasn’t organized. So I rushed around for a couple of days to try and take of that little matter.
• Summer time = side jobs for Ammon… so the last 2 weeks of May it was non-stop work for Ammon. The nightly routine would be he would get off about 6pm from regular work and then head on over to the side job. I would run something over for dinner and then not see him again until 11pm.
• May is the last month of school…so it is by far the busiest month at work (That and August when I get a whole new class). Trying to get the paper work ready for graduation and externships, things get a little crazy.
• I started my summer class the first part of June. In the summer time I just mostly have Medical Coding students trying to finish up.
• I had a major project due at work for the incentive program. This was due at the end of June. MATC added Dental Office Administration last year to my list of classes and I was in charge of creating the curriculum, so for the incentive program I had to pick something that would help our program. So I thought because we don’t have the funds to buy all the dental instruments I thought I would take pictures of each instrument and organize them into the different procedures, oh and let me just add I had to make 3 sets because we have more than one campus. So that is a little history of what the project was. So I just finished that up last week and I finally feel like I have time to breath again.
• I had a little accident in the parking lot of Macey’s. I was backing out at the same time this massive truck was pulling out. Well, his massive hitch on the back of the truck is what got me. I think Ammon was more upset that I got hit by a guy that worked for Triple T (another HVAC company) then the actual dent in the car;)
• I had a dental office call me to see if I could help them out for a couple weeks while they were in the process of hiring someone. So after I taught in the morning I would head over to the office for the afternoon. That just ended last week!
• I have had to make a couple trips to salt lake for the doctor. So that pretty much takes up a whole day.

Well, I am thinking life is somewhat back to normal pace. We have a couple reunions planned, a couple wedding in August, a few backpacking trips planned, and a couple more side jobs schedule for Ammon. So that will pretty much finish off the summer just in time for school to start.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Wow you have been busy. I just have to tell you that Kyle is always talking about Sister Ashby. He loved being the only one in class last week. I hope that you can enjoy the rest of your summer.

Wilde Family said...

And that's not all, folks!

Liz has ALSO been teaching a couple of girls how to do this amazing, but fairly time consuming, craft. And I gotta say, one of those girls (and it's not Joy) is a complete idiot when it comes to crafts. THANKS, LIZ!!! Sorry to add to your hectic life! (But you'll be rid of me soon, don't worry.) :o)

Teresa said...

You've been busy! The nurse in Dr. Blume's office told us you had been helping them out. You make us proud. We love you, Lizzy.